Linux gets Spotify love: Install Spotify in Ubuntu
Note: Because they are not able to run ads on this client, this service is only available for spotify premium users. But we can safely assume that it’s coming soon to free users as well.
1. Add repository to your software sources
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
Add the following line at the end of the file
deb http://repository.spotify.com stable non-free
2. Open the terminal window and paste the following command to add the spotify public keys
gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.de.pgp.net --recv-keys 4E9CFF4E gpg --export 4E9CFF4E |sudo apt-key add -
3. In the terminal paste the following command
sudo apt-get update
4. Type the following command to install spotify
sudo apt-get install spotify-client-qt
5. Once installed you can run it using the run prompt (ALT+F2) and typing spotify.